Tuesday, February 6, 2007

My little trooper




Kameron has been diagnosed with a bad case of Jaundice. At his check up yesterday, they had us go back to the hospital to have blood drawn and tested. What a tough boy, didn't even cry. It came back at level 21 (any higher and we would have been admitted, I think.) I think the average that doctor's like to see is around 10.


Last night a nurse brought out the phototherapy equipment. Kameron has to hang out on this light "bed" at all times except when eating. Mommy is taking this harder than he is. I hate not being able to hold him when I want to. A nurse will be by everyday to take blood to test if his levels have gone down.


We also have to supplement with a bottle. Maddy was the first one to feed him that way. She thought she was pretty cool.
I will keep you posted on what his levels are.

No comments: